|Baked Apples with Spiced Fruit|
A great breakfast for Kapha Types.
For Vata types: Soak the dried fruit over night in ginger tea before you stuff the apples.
Following Ayurvedic principles, fruit should be eaten on its own and avoid eating fruit and yoghurt together as it becomes too taxing for the digestive system.
You can make a batch and keep them in the fridge for a few days.
- Apples: I use Bramley which tend to retain their shape when baking.
- A selection of dried fruits: prunes, apricots, dates, figs.
- Warming spices: ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg.
- Ginger tea (if soaking overnight.
The how to:
- Mix the spices and chopped dried fruits. Retain some of the ginger tea to moisten the fruit. It also makes a delicious syrup.
- Core the apples and stuff with the dried fruits.
- You can keep a jar of soaked, spiced dry fruits in an airtight container for a few weeks.